THE RANKIN STORY
For over 25 years Rankin has supplied refurbished anatomic pathology equipment to thousands of university, hospital, research, industrial, commercial and in-office laboratories that perform diagnostic and research testing and analysis.
Rankin provides a comprehensive line of refurbished and new equipment, as well as providing service, depot repair, parts, installation, training, and service agreements.
Rankin believes in producing only high-quality refurbished equipment which comes from spending more time and effort on the equipment than other companies in our industry. We call it our Rankin Extreme Makeover. Refurbished equipment from Rankin clearly stands above the rest of the pack due to its unmatched aesthetic quality and functional durability.
Either by coincidence or design, we fit Bing’s definition of the name Rankin perfectly, “of the best quality or the highest standard.”
Rankin’s special attention to the needs of our clients and trusted third party service providers has built our reputation in the industry. And our clients save tens of thousands of dollars by purchasing equipment at 50 to 80% below new prices.
ADVANTAGES OF PARTNERING WITH RANKIN BIOMEDICAL:
- Premium Refurbishing Quality – Our standardized refurbishing processes enable Rankin Biomedical Corporation to produce like-new equipment that is top quality, both aesthetically and functionally.
- Exceptional Prices & Value – buying Rankin Biomedical Corporation’s professionally refurbished equipment is a wise alternative to buying more expensive new lab equipment, since the only difference is price, not quality.
- Best Industry Knowledge & Experience – our product development team weeds out inferior products so you don’t get burned buying junk. Our team is the best in the business.
- Rest-Assured Product Reliability – only equipment brands and models that have been field-tested and deemed to be reliable are refurbished and sold by Rankin Biomedical Corporation.
- Comprehensive Range of Products – we carry a full line of refurbished and new products that cover most every step of anatomic pathology tissue processing – from grossing to microscopy.
- Friendly and Efficient Customer Service – our customer and sales staff are courteous and attentive to your needs – ready to give you answers to all of your questions.
- Consultative Services – call us for reliable professional product advice and find out the best solutions to your specific needs.
- Rock Solid Warranties – full one year parts and labor warranties on our fully refurbished equipment and new equipment. Limited warranties on international sales and non-refurbished or partially refurbished equipment.
- Extended Service Contracts – sleep comfortably at night knowing that Rankin Biomedical Corporation has your back on keeping your equipment downtime to a minimum with prompt repairs and PMs.
- Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction – you will appreciate our attentive and knowledgeable communication. Our high repeat-customer rate reflects our customer’s loyalty and long-term satisfaction.
To support the healthcare and scientific community in the technology of diagnosing cancer and related disease.
To see a world where cancer does not have the final say in the lives of its victims.
By holding the following core values, the soul of our company, we can preserve what has always been special about our company:
- Each Laboratory First
- Respect for People
- High Technical Quality
- High Performance
- Continuous Learning and Improvement
- A Social Conscience
Rob Rankin, MSM, SM(ASCP)
Founder & CEO
Founder of Rankin Biomedical, Mr. Rankin has lead the company from a small start-up company working out of his garage in 1995 to the premier refurbisher of histology and anatomic pathology lab instruments throughout the USA and world. Mr. Rankin is certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a Specialist in Microbiology and has 20 years experience in Medical Technology. Mr. Rankin has held positions at several organizations including; Quest Diagnostics – serology; Henry Ford Health System – bacteriology, immunology, parasitology, serology, and virology; Pontiac General Hospital – microbiology and mycology; Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital – microbiology; and Oakland Diagnostic Laboratories – microbiology. He earned a Master of Science degree in Management with High Distinction from Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration in Troy, MI and a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology from Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI.
Brent Rankin, BMET
VP Business Development
Mr. Rankin has more than 10 years of experience in the biomedical technology industry. Positions he has held throughout his career at Rankin Biomedical are; Field Service Manager, Purchasing Manager, and Sales Manager. He has played a key role in implementing a range of initiatives in each of these areas including developing a business plan; establishing flow charts, policies, procedures and forms; building customer and vendor relationships; and training and leading sales personnel. Mr Rankin earned an Associate’s degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology (BMET) from Schoolcraft College in May 2003 and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Rochester College in Rochester, MI.
Justin Rabidoux started his career with Rankin Biomedical in May 2018 after graduating with high honors from Western Michigan University with a degree from their nationally-acclaimed Sales and Business Marketing program. While at WMU he held the position of Vice President of the Sales and Business Marketing Association. Before WMU, Justin played football for two years at Kalamazoo College.
Justin lives in Fenton, Michigan with his dog, Rylee. He enjoys wakesurfing, reading, being outdoors, playing guitar, listening to podcasts, and working out with friends and coworkers at the local CrossFit gym where he is also a trainer. Justin is getting married next fall to his fiancé, Lauren.
Customer Experience Manager
Ms. Goodman has a broad scope of experience in several retail and business to business environments. Her background includes project management, marketing, client relationship, recruiting, business ownership and pharmaceutical territory management. She has created and implemented customer experience initiatives in the areas of communication and project management to better serve Rankin’s clients. Ms. Goodman holds a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from The University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. Kerry loves cooking and baking, hanging out with her family and being part of her church outreach ministry.
Martine Bouffard, MBA
Mrs. Bouffard has extensive experience in all facets of financial reporting, planning, analysis, auditing, inventory management and purchasing. She diligently manages the entire accounting and bookkeeping function at Rankin. Mrs. Bouffard holds a Bachelor’s degree from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, MI and an MBA from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. In her spare time, Martine likes to hand-weave blankets, read, garden, and work out at CrossFit. She is currently rereading the French classics and listening to TV5 to help her vocabulary and fluency in French. Martine is a story teller of her early life in France, past and present friends and family, and her previous positions in accounting.
Operations and Facilities Manager
Mr. Sullivan joined Rankin Biomedical as a Biomedical Technician in 2007 and was our top performer in refurbishing quality and productivity. From 12 years of working daily with the best-of-the-best service technicians in the country, he is considered by many in the field as a master of repairing and refurbishing histology and cytology equipment. He is often called upon by OEMs and third-party service providers, because of his troubleshooting abilities, to get them out of predicaments. He also has more than 20 years of maintenance and management experience in the fields of machinery repair, heavy equipment, and automotive, being a Certified Master Automotive Technician holding an Automotive Mechanics Certificate from MoTech. Terry loves to fish, bowl and spend time with his wife and friends “Up North” in Sanford, MI.
MICHIGAN CELEBRATES SMALL BUSINESS AWARD
Rankin Biomedical was chosen as one of the 2014 Michigan 50 Companies to Watch and honored at the 10th Annual Michigan Celebrates Small Business Awards Ceremony at the Breslin Center in East Lansing on May 6, 2014. The emcee was Chris Holman with Michigan Business Network and speakers included Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, Kurt Rankin, Economist with PNC, and others. This award honors second-stage companies that make an impact in their markets, in their communities and in the state.
Sponsored by PNC Bank – Michigan Economic Development Corporation – Accident Fund of Michigan – Michigan Certified Development Corporation – Dynamic Edge